Security is used to limit access to health care data and
to prevent fradulent use.
UnitedChart implements security in many ways.
The following methods are employed to prevent unauthorized access:
- Browser access - The client/server model used by Internet
browsers provides a high level of security against intruders.
- Registration - Your UnitedChart system is limited
to users registered by your system manager.
The office manager, or other designated person, uses registration
to add, modify, and terminate users.
- Login - Users are authenticated through login by
user id and password.
- Authorities - Once logged in, the authorities set during
registration limit the user's actions.
Some of the authorities include access to demographics,
access to charts, schedules, write narcotics,
renew only (can't add medicines), system manager,
and transcribe only.
- Intruder detection - If an intruder logs in with a
user's credentials while that user is working,
they are advised of the violation.
- Data isolation - All data is stored on the server's
file system. Nothing is stored on client workstations or devices.
Not even browser cookies.
The following protections are employed
to prevent mistakes and misuse:
- Photographs - To prevent patient mixups,
patient photographs are shown with the chart interface
and printed on reports.
Photographs are printed on prescriptions to prevent fraud.
- History - Significant end user actions are logged
next: License and cost | home
Last update 03/22/2020