Copyright (c) LS DataNet Systems, Inc. 2002-2020.
Use the following steps to download, install, remove,
and start/stop/restart the UnitedChart Windows server software.
Select a system directory to contain your UnitedChart system,
for example c:\UnitedChart.
The directory does not have to be named UnitedChart,
but it will in the following instructions so substitute
if you use a different directory name.
The computer server you select to host your UnitedChart system:
- Should have at least 32 gigabytes of
available mirrored disk storage.
- Should have a static ip address.
- Should have an uninteruptible power supply (UPS).
- Must have a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows
(Windows 95 or higher).
To install UnitedChart on your Windows computer server:
- Create your system directory.
- Download the uchart.exe binary
into the c:\UnitedChart system directory.
- Login to the console command line interface (start, run, cmd)
and change to your system directory (ex: cd c:\UnitedChart).
Avoid clicking on the binary through the desktop
because if there is a problem the error message will
dissappear, while it remains if you use the
- Create your system by starting the UnitedChart server
- The first time UnitedChart is run it creates an initial
system of directories, data bases, and configuration files.
If there is an error, the message is displayed and the server
is not started.
- If there are no startup errors, the UnitedChart server
console will appear showing startup information.
Also displayed is the ip address to access the server.
- When UnitedChart is first started it guesses the ip address.
If there is more than one ip address and the wrong one was
selected, terminate the server using ctrl-C, edit ls.txt
with your favorite TEXT editor and add the following line:
If :portNum is left off then port number 80 is used.
Then start up the server as before.
Check that the ip address you specified appears.
- Go to a computer, phone, or tablet that is connected
to the same network as your UnitedChart Linux server.
Start the Internet browser (Chrome, Safari, etc.)
and type in the location displayed on the UnitedChart
console. The login interface should appear.
- Setup your system by logging in as system manager
using these instructions.
Uninstall UnitedChart Windows server
To remove UnitedChart, delete the UnitedChart directory
you created to contain your UnitedChart system.
UnitedChart never writes outside of its folder,
so deleting it uninstalls it.
Start/stop/restart UnitedChart Windows server
There are multiple ways to run UnitedChart on Windows.
It is up to the server's manager to decide.
next: System manager account | home
Last update 03/24/2020